How to change your locale settings in Excel 2016
Have you also had this problem where your financial data seems messed up and does not have the correct values? One thing to check are your locale settings when you import your data from a text file or database or whatever source. The format has to be the same as the data you are importing.
How to change that?
- When you open a new Workbook to import your data, open the data tab from the top menu.
- In the ‘Get & Transform’ section choose the ‘New Query’ option.
- Choose ‘Query Options’ from the drop down menu.
- In the ‘Query Options’ dialog choose ‘Data Load’ under ‘Current Workbook’
- There you will find the option to change the current Locale settings to the correct one.
What if I have already imported the data and it has the wrong format?
Do not worry, just change the Locale settings as described above and run the query again. It will show the correct data.